I did some work on updating the Update-AzureAHybridWorkerModules script I previously published here. It was a very basic script that only updated modules on hybrid workers that had been installed by using Install-Module. After thinking a bit, and becoming ever increasingly frustrated that we still do not have logic for automatically syncing modules installed in…
This time I wanted to show a more comprehensive example from a real life need and how I went about solving it. The challenge we faced was that we had previously set our Azure AD Connector to use the e-mail field in AD to be synced to Azure AD as the UPN. This would have…
For any automation tool, logging is pretty important. Though I would also say readability of the logs is something one should also think about when writing code. The general consensus in AA for logging is that one should use: Write-Error Write-Warning Write-Verbose Write-Output as the accepted ways of moving information to the different log types.…
Just a quick one to remind myself as I’m taking in some coffee. If you need to get the set OU filters for the Azure AD Connector, this little Powershell snippet might help:
# Get-ADSyncConnector gets all connector and just find the name of the one you want to use
$ExcludeFilterFileName = "c:\temp\ExcludeFilter.txt"
$IncludeFilterFileName = "c:\temp\IncludeFilter.txt"
$ADConnectorName = "AD Connector Name"
$ADConnector = Get-ADSyncConnector -Name $ADConnectorName
# Assumes that only one partition exist on the connector
$ADConPartition = Get-ADSyncConnectorPartition -Connector $ADConnector -Identifier $ADConnector.Partitions.Identifier.Guid
$ADConPartition.ConnectorPartitionScope.ContainerInclusionList | Out-File -FilePath $IncludeFilterFileName
$ADConPartition.ConnectorPartitionScope.ContainerExclusionList | Out-File -FilePath $ExcludeFilterFileName
Does not seem a way to import as of yet though 🙁 Will update if I find a workaround for this.…
Update: Go here to read about the new hybrid worker logic to keep modules updated and in sync with AA. I have been working a lot with Azure Automation lately. It’s a great product, helping organize the use of Powershell making an awesome language even better. With AA as any other of the Azure services…
SCOM is a great product, but sometimes I would have liked that they spent a bit more time on implementing the silverlight dashboards, especially the performance one. The reason? The usage of the hardcoded GUIDs to populate the performance counters. Let’s back up a bit, before going on, and talk a bit about the usage…
I really like this script for sending SMS using SCOM. Though it has some bugs in it’s current form. I also do not have a Twilio account. That is why I decided to rewrite some of the logic to use generic HTTP SMS gateways. Currently it is set up for using pswincom sms gateway, though…
I really like this Wei Out there template, and also this that gives a overview of the Send Queue Size of the SCOM agent. Though I’m lazy and do not like that I have to click the performance counter column so it will sort by it. That is why I have added some code so…
So I have been doing some ADFS 3.0 work as of late. Part of this work included getting CRM 2016 to use ADFS for authentication instead of the normal AD (IWA) approach. Getting the user side of it set up is not that hard, and there are many good sources for correct information. Now it…
I recently did some work on publishing internal legacy applications using WAP and ADFS for pre-authentication. Wrapping of the production part of these components I wanted to get full visibility into how they performed over time. To do this I added in SCOM management packs for both products. As monitoring kicked in I started seeing…